Physical Medicine and Rehab
Treatment designed for your care and rehabilitation
The goal of physiatry (physical medicine and rehabilitation) is to help patients recover and rehabilitate with the focus on getting back to function and mobility.
Meet Dr. David Judish
What types of conditions can Dr. Judish provide care for?
Below is a list of typical elements physiatry can help:
- Musculoskeletal disorders including joint and spine problems
- Electromyography/nerve conductions for diagnosis of nerve conditions
- Car accidents and other injuries
- Fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Your care and rehabilitation needs are our priority.
Evaluation and management of acquired and congenital conditions including traumatic brain injury, concussion management, headaches, migraines, spinal cord injury and seizures.
Electrodiagnostic Medicine Consultations
Also known as electromyography, we evaluate for causes of pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness. Evaluation includes a focused history, a physical examination, and electrophysiologic evaluation of selected functions of the central nervous system.
Musculoskeletal Pain Issues
Optimize function emphasizing active rehabilitation with the goal of return to work and prevention of long-term disability. Cases such as impaired gait and mobility, spasticity concerns (such as cerebral palsy or intracerebral hemorrhage).
Comprehensive rehab care of amputees in coordination with prosthetists as well as any situations that may need an emg/NCS.
L&I and MVA Expert
Dr Judish is an L&I provider for any injury, and can also evaluate patients for delayed recovery with MVA’s (Motor Vehicle Accidents) or other injuries.
How to make an appointment
A referral may be required depending on your insurance.
- If you are an established Sound Family Medicine patient, your primary care provider will submit an order for referral within your health record. One of our Patient Services team members will contact you to schedule your appointment.
- If you are a patient from another primary care clinic, your primary care provider’s office must fax first their referral first.
- Fax the referral to our Medical Records department at 253-845-7073
- After your referral has been faxed, please call us at 253-286-4220 to schedule your appointment.
- To view a list of insurance plans we accept, please visit our Insurance page.