MySFM is now MyChart
We’ve updated our patient portal to make your life easier. With MyChart, you can —
- Book and view your appointments online
- Communicate with your provider securely
- Securely access your medical records
- Request prescription refills
- View lab results
- Update your personal profile such as change to address, email, and phone number
- Access your MyChart account through your mobile device or computer 24 hours a day,
(If you already set up your MyChart account, simply click on “Sign in to MyChart” button located on the top
right corner of this website to login.)
Manage your care simply and easily with these MyChart features:
With MyChart you can schedule or cancel your appointment with your provider right from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Please note you cannot schedule procedural appointments (IUD insertion/removal, toenail removal, cortisone injection, etc.) online. To schedule an office-based procedure, please call our office at (253) 848-5951.
Send and receive message from your provider and care team using MyChart. The messaging center is quick, direct, and you can even send pictures. The amount of time it takes for your provider to respond varies on their availability.
If you have a more emergent question, please call our office at (253) 848-5951. If you have a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911.
If you’re out of refills at your pharmacy, you can ask for a renewal for a currently prescribed medication. Simply log into your MyChart account, select “Refill Medications,” choose the medication and pharmacy, then click submit.
Your lab results, after-visit summary, and medical record can be accessed easily.
Please note that if you were a MySFM patient portal user, our former system, MySFM records will not transfer to your new MyChart account.
With MyChart, you can access your billing statements and pay your bills securely.
If you need to update your profile information such as new address, phone number, and email address, you can do so within your MyChart login.
You will need an email address to sign up. There are two ways to sign up for MyChart:
1. Online. You can create your own MyChart login by requesting an activation code. As soon as you receive your activation code via email, you will receive a link to create your MyChart account.
2. In-person. Ask our friendly Front Desk team members to help you create your MyChart account.
3. By Phone. Call us at 253-848-5951 to request an activation code. Please note that wait times may be long.
With these options, you will receive an activation code that will be valid for a limited period of time. You will need this access code to create your login.
You will be able to manage your email notifications to match your preference within the MyChart login.
If you are a legal guardian or parent of a minor under 13 years old, you can request proxy access. You must have your own MyChart log in first.
To gain proxy access, you must fill out one of these forms:
You may drop off these completed forms to any of our Front Desk team members during your next visit, or securely fax them to our Medical Records department at 253-435-9318.
We will process these request forms within 2 to 3 weeks. Once your request form has been processed, you will see your dependent’s MyChart account automatically linked to yours.
Note for parents and guardians:
Please understand that in Washington state (per RCW 26.28.010):
- A minor who is 13 years old or older may initiate an evaluation and treatment for outpatient and/or inpatient mental health services, substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, or withdrawal management without parental consent.
- Minors of any age may obtain or refuse birth control and access abortion services without parental consent.
- If over age 14, minors may get testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases without parental consent.
- In all cases, the minor has the right to receive services in the least restrictive setting.
If you forget your username or password, please click “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” link, and you will be walked-through steps to recover and update.
If you need further assistance, we are happy to help. Please call us at 253-848-5951 and Press 3 for MyChart help.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I am a current MySFM user. What will happen to MySFM account?
Until July 27, 2021, you will still be able to access your MySFM account as normal.
From July 28, 2021 until September 30, 2021, you will only have read-only access to MySFM. This means that you can view past messages from your care team and records for reference but you will not have access to schedule appointments, send messages, or any other MySFM functions. To view your read-only MySFM, click here.
You will need to register with MyChart to continue having patient portal access.
Will records transfer from MySFM to MyChart?
No. We will still have your medical records in our system, however, previous messages, lab results, etc. you had access to via MySFM will not transfer to MyChart.
If you need past records, our Medical Records department can assist with this request.
I have a MyChart account from other medical groups. Do I need to sign up for a Sound Family Medicine MyChart?
Yes, you will still need to create a new MyChart account for Sound Family Medicine. Epic MyChart is used by various medical groups but are separated and protected through different secure databases, so you will still need to create and sign up for your own MyChart account with us.