Sean Stout, MD
Let me be honest. I didn’t want to be a doctor when I started college. I didn’t tolerate the sight of blood well and just wasn’t interested the field. Instead, I studied physics since that was a challenging, exciting and growing field.
Two years in Japan as a missionary led to a change of heart. I discovered that I enjoyed working with people, getting to know them and helping them. I knew I wouldn’t get much of an opportunity to develop these kinds of personal interactions as a physicist, so I considered medicine as a challenging, exciting, growing field where I could also serve others. I have never regretted that decision.
I was raised here in the Northwest but after graduating from Kentridge High School (class of 85), I spent 14 years away from home. During that time I attended Brigham Young University, traveled on missions, attended medical school at the University of Utah, and completed my residency at Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana. The Air Force brought me back to the Northwest with an assignment to practice family medicine for four years at McChord Air Force Base. I left the unique challenges of military medicine to try my hand in the civilian world, joining Sound Family Medicine in 2003. Once again, it’s a decision I haven’t regretted.
My wife and five kids are also happy with our decision to stay in the area and enter civilian life. My wife stays busy with our kids, in addition to all her PTA work and volunteering at the schools, while in my free time I work as a scoutmaster in the Boy Scouts.
Medicine is changing, and both patients and providers need to be involved in these changes to be sure we can continue to provide the best possible care. I look forward to many years working with you and am committed to your health.
Awards & Distinctions
- Patient’s Choice Award (2016) by vitals.com
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016) by vitals.com
- On-Time Doctor Award (2016) by vitals.com
- Healthgrades.com Honor Role
See what his patients had to say:
- “Dr. Stout has been the most trusted doctor I have ever had, so much so I switched my children to his care as their provider. Thank you, Dr. Stout, for listening to me about my concerns and thank you for your continuous patience.” – Eilee
- “Best doctor EVER! I have been going to see Dr. Stout since 2004. He is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He takes his time to listen to you and never makes me feel rushed. I would recommend him to everyone. Keep up the good work Dr. Stout!” – Esther
With Same-Day Walk-In Clinic
Contact Information3908 10th St SE
Puyallup, WA 98374
Main Clinic Hours
Main Clinic Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday7:00am – 7:00pm
Friday7:00am – 6:00pm
Our Main Clinic is closed during these holidays:
New Year's Day
Day After Thanksgiving
Same Day (Walk-In) Hours
Walk In Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday7:00am - 7:00pm
Friday7:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday8:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday9:00am - 12:00pm
Our Walk-In Clinic is closed during these holidays:
New Year's Day