New Medicare Policy
While we’re not currently accepting new Medicare patients, we work diligently to evaluate Medicare options that serve the best interests of our existing patients. As of 2018, we closed our practice to traditional non-employer Medicare plans. However, we are committed to our Medicare patients and will continue providing care for patients enrolled in one of our contracted Medicare Advantage plans.
Many of our patients find that Medicare Advantage plans offer coverage that better meets their individual health care circumstances. These plans also work closely with us to support you and your physician’s efforts in managing your overall health in a cost-effective way.
About Medicare Advantage
Many of our patients find that Medicare Advantage plans offer coverage that better meets their individual health care circumstances. These plans also work closely with us to support you and your provider’s efforts in managing your overall health in a cost-effective way.
- Preventive care benefits
- Affordable monthly plan premiums
- Most plans include a Medicare prescription plan
- Emergency and urgent care coverage outside the plan’s service area when traveling
- Annual out-of-pocket maximum
Contracted Medicare Advantage Plans
- Aetna (MA HMO and MA PPO plans)
- United Healthcare (MA HMO plan)
- Humana (MA HMO and MA PPO plans)
- Premera (MA HMO plan)
Which Plan is Right for Me?
For patients needing help finding the right Medicare plan and want to know more about important changes that are taking place with our Medicare insurance policy, Sound Family Medicine offers the services of MedicareCompareUSA*, our free and preferred resource for patients wanting assistance. Their local agents represent Sound Family Medicine accepted Medicare plans and provide unbiased plan comparisons. Agents are available by phone and personal appointment at Sound Family Medicine or your home.
MedicareCompareUSA also conducts Medicare Education Seminars here at Sound Family Medicine. Seminars are designed for patients new to Medicare and those who want to brush up on their Medicare benefits.
Complimentary Resources for You
- Call the Medicare Plan Comparison and Enrollment Center at 855.808.2526
- Visit www.medicarecompareusa.com/SFM
- Attend a free Medicare educational seminar to learn about Medicare basics, the different parts of Medicare, tips for comparing options and learn about Sound Family Medicine’s policy regarding Medicare insurance. Seminars will take place at the Sunrise Medical Campus located at 11216 Sunrise Blvd E in the 2nd floor conference room during the following dates:
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 6pm
- Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 6pm
- Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 6pm
New to Medicare?
Please take a moment to complete our Medicare Insurance Response Form. The information you provide helps us better serve you as you transition to Medicare and communicate important changes that are taking place with our Medicare insurance policy.
Note: If you are a retiree receiving insurance benefits from a former employer, please contact your employer’s human resources or Benefit Administrator for help understanding your options.