Sound Family Medicine participates in a variety of health insurance plans. Most of these are listed below although because plans can change frequently, we recommend that you verify with your insurance company for the most up-to-date information. You can typically find a phone number to call on the back of your insurance card that will connect with you member services.
- Boeing Preferred Partnership – Patients in this plan can choose to be seen at Sound Family Medicine, however since Boeing has excluded Sound Family Medicine from its Preferred Partner Network, patients will incur a 40% coinsurance in addition to any deductible or co-pay.
- Community Health Plan of Washington’s Community HealthEssentials Plus
- Lifewise – We are now considered in-network and are seeing Lifewise Connect Plan patients.
- Molina – Only accepting new patients for OB
- Premera – We are now considered in-network and are seeing Heritage Signature Plan patients.
The following companies are contracted with Sound Family Medicine, outside of the Exchange. This list is for informational purposes only and does not guarantee coverage. Please contact your insurance company directly to verify coverage and access. Eligibility and coverage may vary by plan and by service.
- First Choice
- First Health
- Humana – Not currently accepting new patients
- Medicaid/Apple Health – Only accepting new OB patients
- Molina – Only accepting new OB patients
- Regence – Although we are contracted with Regence, Sound Family Medicine has been excluded from some plans. Please contact Regence to verify your coverage.
- Tricare – Not currently accepting new patients
- United HealthCare
- United Health Care Community Plan (Healthy Options Medicaid product) – Only accepting new OB patients
Although Sound Family Medicine is not open to new Medicare patients, we encourage our existing patients with Medicare to explore the benefits of choosing one of our contracted Medicare Advantage plans. Many of our patients find that Medicare Advantage plans offer coverage that better meets their individual health care circumstances. These plans also work closely with us to support you and your physician’s efforts in managing your overall health in a cost-effective way.
Consider the benefits of a Medicare Advantage plan:
- Preventive care benefits
- Affordable monthly plan premiums
- Most plans include a Medicare Prescription plan
- Emergency and urgent care coverage outside the plan’s service area when traveling
- Annual out-of-pocket maximum
SFM recommends the services of MedicareCompareUSA* for our patients interested in comparing our contracted Medicare Advantage plans. MedicareCompareUSA agents are available by appointment at our Bonney Lake and Puyallup clinics. This is a free service and the easiest way to familiarize yourself with our contracted Medicare Advantage plans.
How to schedule your agent appointment at SFM:
- Online: medicarecompareusa.com/SFM
- Phone: toll-free (855) 808-2526
Note: If you are a retiree receiving insurance benefits from a former employer, please contact your employer’s human resources or Benefit Administrator for help understanding your options.
*Services provided by MedicareCompareUSA, an independent insurance agency not affiliated with the federal Medicare program. All services provided at no cost; MedicareCompareUSA and its affiliated agents are paid directly by the Medicare Plan chosen by the beneficiary.