Sound Family Medicine participates in a variety of health insurance plans. Most of these are listed below although because plans can change frequently, we recommend that you verify with your insurance company for the most up-to-date information. You can typically find a phone number to call on the back of your insurance card that will connect with you member services.
Accepted Insurance Plans
The following companies are contracted with Sound Family Medicine, outside of the Exchange. This list is for informational purposes only and does not guarantee coverage. Please contact your insurance company directly to verify coverage and access. Eligibility and coverage may vary by plan and by service.
- Boeing Preferred Partnership – Patients in this plan can choose to be seen at Sound Family Medicine however since Boeing excluded SFM from it’s Preferred Partner Network, patients will now incur a 40% coinsurance in addition to any deductible or copay.
- First Choice
- First Health
- Humana – Not accepting new patients
- Kaiser Permanente – Access, Omni and Options PPO plans
- Medicaid/Apple Health – New OB patients only
- United HealthCare Community Plan (Healthy Options Medicaid product) – New OB patients only
- Medicare contracted plans – Not accepting new patients
- Premera – Although we are contracted with Premera, Sound Family Medicine has been excluded from some plans. Please contact Premera to verify your coverage.
- Regence – Although we are contracted with Regence, Sound Family Medicine has been excluded from some plans. Please contact Regence to verify your coverage.
- Tricare – Not accepting new patients
- United HealthCare
L&I and Worker’s Comp
Effective January 1, 2018, Sound Family Medicine will no longer be contracted with the Department of Labor & Industries.
Sound Family Medicine will no longer be able to care for any workplace injuries for L&I or a self-insured employer. We can; however, continue to care for your work-related case until December 31st, 2017.
We understand that the relationship you have with your provider is important. You can continue care with your primary care provider for other health concerns not relating to your L&I case. For L&I, we will refer you to one of the following organizations:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
We accept motor vehicle accident claims for existing patients only. If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and your account with Sound Family Medicine is in good standing, your auto insurance carrier will be billed for your visit. If your insurance policy doesn’t have PIP coverage, we are unable to bill your health insurance until we can verify that you have set up subrogation with them for any medical care provided as a result of a motor vehicle accident. If the other driver is at fault, Sound Family Medicine does not bill auto insurance claims to third parties (other driver’s MVA insurance). Payment for these visits is due at the time of service or we can bill to your commercial medical insurance if we can verify you have set up subrogation (the assumption by a third party, an insurance company, of another’s legal right to collect a debt or damages).