This year Sound Family Medicine is partnering with our community in a new way to make the holidays a little brighter for families in need. At each location, a giving tree will shine in the waiting room decorated with donations that others who are in need can take from. We invite our community of patients to join us in November in adding to the tree or taking from the tree, if in need this season. Donations and recipients will be anonymous – no need to ask before giving or taking. We cannot know the heart of the taker nor the need but trust that these trees will help make this season a little brighter for families who need a little help.
“A tree of thanks, our gift to you,
Take one or more, no matter who.
Has need or want or bent to share,
Keep one, give one – till our tree is bare.”
Donation ideas for the tree include:
- Hygiene products
- Tooth paste and brushes, shaving cream, lotion, chap stick, deodorant, mouthwash, soap, washcloths/personal, feminine hygiene products.
- Consider giving a used small purse or toiletries bag so we can pack them with any remaining donations
- Stay warm products
- Kids and adults: socks, gloves, caps/beanies, hand warmers, scarves, slippers, umbrellas, ponchos, undergarments (packaged t-shirts, camisoles, etc…)
- Clothing donations can be gently used.
- Laundry supplies
- Non-perishable food donations
- Pet supplies and food
- Will be donated to our community animal shelters.
Giving trees will be up at all SFM locations through Sunday, November 29th. Any items left at the end or items collected on trees that aren’t in a clinic will be donated to a local shelter.
We thank our staff and patients who have already helped to bring a little sparkle to someone’s day.