Choosing a provider to partner with to make the most of your health is an important decision. We believe the relationship you have with your provider is one of the most important. At Sound Family Medicine we have a team of physicians, physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners who work with the same goal in mind: to provide excellent, comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients.
Advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) bring a comprehensive perspective to healthcare. ARNPs are registered nurses with advanced training in diagnosing and treating illness. They order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests in addition to prescribing medications, treating illnesses, and administering physical exams. Their education includes:
- 6+ years of academic and clinical preparation
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse license
- Graduate Nursing education
- National Board Certification
- Washington state licensure and registration
With the growing need for more healthcare providers in primary care, the number of nurse practitioners will probably grow to 10% by 2025. In fact, in 2016 80% of nurse practitioners were prepared in primary care programs compared to only 15% of physicians.
Did you know?
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Nearly half of nurse practitioners hold hospital privileges
- Nurse practitioners hold prescriptive privileges in all 50 states and D.C.
- 96% of nurse practitioners prescribe medications, and those in full-time practice write an average of 23 prescriptions per day.
- Nurse Practitioners have been in practice an average of 12 years.
Here at Sound Family Medicine, we value the experience, education and compassion our ARNP providers bring to the patients they care for. Learn more about our team of ARNPs and other providers