We’re the Cure for Lack-of-option-itis!
We understand that choosing a family medical practice is about more than just working in your field of choice. This is also a decision about the lifestyle you create for you and your family. At Sound Family Medicine, we are as dedicated to your success as you are. When you join us you are joining an established company with a solid business model in place, so that you can concentrate on what really matters – practicing medicine. Our fantastic administrative and support teams have helped our steady growth for the past 30 years and allowed us to become the largest physician-owned practice in Pierce County.
We are dedicated to helping our physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners continue to learn and grow as individuals within the organization. Our innovative approach fosters mutual respect and the development of positive, productive working relationships. With our flexible programs and cutting edge technology, you will also have ample time for a quality family or personal life. This sets us apart from larger healthcare systems and contributes to our provider’s job satisfaction.
Whether you’re interested in working full-time or part-time, SFM provides options to include full spectrum family medicine with maternity care, office procedures, inpatient medicine and/or clinic only. We are committed to maintaining our reputation as a cutting-edge, patient-centered private practice while supporting you in growing your ability to deliver the kind of medicine you believe in.
Summary of benefits as a Sound Family Medicine Provider:
- Base salary guarantee while you establish your practice
- Competitive salary including production bonus. Partner physicians have opportunities to earn more through profit sharing.
- All providers have input to practice decisions and partner physicians have governance over final decision making.
- Customized marketing plan to help quickly establish your patient panel
- Expense reimbursement for continuing medical education (CME), dues and memberships
- 4 Weeks of vacation and 8 paid holidays
Additional benefits include:
- High-deductible medical plan with a Health Savings Account or PPO medical buy-up plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care
- Base and buy-up dental plan options
- Eye care benefits at no cost at the employee level
- Life insurance coverage at great rates
- Long Term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan with company Match plus profit sharing
- Malpractice insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for Verizon Wireless
- Smart phone and coverage plan
“I stayed with SFM for 28 years because I value the opportunity to have more control over my time, my practice style, and my family life. This is the perfect place for young physicians to establish their practice and achieve stability.” – Ed Pullen, MD, Family Practice
“I joined SFM for the opportunity to practice full-spectrum family medicine in a private practice setting. What makes SFM different is that we strive to maintain an important balance between a healthy bottom line, patient outcomes and provider lifestyle.” – Darin Blackburn, MD, Family Practice and Maternity
“As a new graduate, I found the atmosphere here refreshing. SFM took the time to make sure I was a good fit as they allowed for me to make sure they were a good fit for me. The atmosphere is supportive – the team of providers who rallied around me as a new graduate are incredible. The sky is the limit with where this opportunity can take me. Patients are happy with their care here, and everyone from the office staff to the billing and revenue team is committed to your success and the patient’s positive experience.” – Tracie Alberts, PA-C, Family Practice and Maternity
We invite you to learn more about our team of providers by reading their bios – just click here.Download our recruitment brochure here.
Interested to learn more?