Physician-owned since 1984
Sound Family Medicine is a private family practice that is physician owned and operated. Our mission is to provide excellent, comprehensive and compassionate family medicine to our patients while treating our patients, our employees, our families, and ourselves with respect and honesty. Sound Family Medicine has served the Eastern Pierce County area for over 30 years and we strive to provide the best healthcare possible for our patients.
Sound Family Medicine began as South Hill Family Medicine in 1984, by Rebecca Sullivan, MD who left military service to start a family practice with Mike Young, MD. Two years later, Hartland Medical Center at our 10th Street location was completed and the practice moved to the new office. The following year, Ed Pullen, MD joined the practice after ending his military service.
Over the years, the practice has grown to include nurse practitioners and physician assistants, as well as our board-certified family physicians. In September 2002, we changed our name to Sound Family Medicine and expanded into Bonney Lake. Continuing to grow, we opened our third office in November 2004, at the Sunrise Medical Campus. In early 2008, we moved our Bonney Lake Walk-In Clinic into its own suite, dedicated to the urgent care needs of our patients. We also expanded from our 10th St Clinic in Hartland to Harnish Medical Building on 31st Ave the same year. In October 2008, our Sunrise office moved into a brand new facility on the Sunrise Medical Campus, and in 2011, our Bonney Lake offices moved into the brand new Bonney Lake Medical Building.
We will provide excellent, comprehensive and compassionate family medicine to our patients while treating our patients, our employees, our families, and ourselves with respect and honesty.
Our Core Values
Sound Family medicine prides itself on its core values of integrity, care, patient focus, and intention. These four pillars are what we strive to be known for and what we believe make us different.
Integrity: We strive to be open and honest. We will demonstrate our integrity by:
- Always trying to honor our commitments
- Being direct and open in our dealings with patients and coworkers
Caring: We will treat our patients and our employees with compassionate care, always trying to do what’s best for each individual, for our patient community, and workplace as a whole. We will demonstrate our caring by:
- Treating every patient at every visit with respect and compassion
- Choosing our words and behaviors carefully to avoid unnecessary concern and anxiety by our patients and coworkers
- Showing our patients and coworkers that they are important and cared for through our appearance, behavior and hard work
Patient Focus: We will provide the best family medical care to our patients. We will demonstrate our patient focus by:
- Focusing on the needs of each patient at every visit
- Considering the impact on our patients as a primary factor in decision making regarding the practice
- Dealing with patient complaints or concerns promptly and with the goal of resolution that is acceptable to the patient
Intention: We will make decisions and behave in a way that ensures the desired outcome is most likely. We will demonstrate our intentional behavior by:
- Being proactive in looking for ways to improve our patient care and our business practices
- Striving to continually improve our clinical, administrative, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Continually looking for ways to improve patient care
- Staying current and progressive in our use of technology to improve our patient care, record keeping, and business practices